The trend of using glass for doors and windows is a revolution. The word “Double Glazing” is frequently used along with the term “doors” and “windows”. What is double glazing? Well, Double Glazing refers to a situation where two panes of glass are used. This is also known as Insulated Glazing. The main purpose of using two panes of glass is to reduce noise and heat transmission in windows and doors.
Normally in a standard single-glazed door or window, both heat and noise are easily transferred. In summer, sunlight heats up your house. In winter, heat escapes from inside your home to the outside. You land up paying more for cooling effect in summer and heating effect in winter. One common problem faced is noise can easily pass through your window. It’s not that single glazed unit has only drawbacks. Well, before the development of double glazed unit, many people preferred single gazed unit especially for their windows.
Now, keeping in mind the drawbacks faced by single-glazed unit, the double glazed unit are developed. By using Double Glazed panes of glass, the gap between the panes dramatically reduces transmission of both heat and sound. The double glazed unit is often referred to as IGU (Insulated Glass Unit).
The quality of Double Glazing is so good that one can only benefit from it. Of course, the main door of the house cannot be made of glass due to security purposes. The following are some of the benefits enjoyed from the usage of double glazing for windows or doors.
- Comfort level is high: A sweet home is the final destination for anyone. The moment you enter your house, you can experience the feeling of stress relief. And by chance, if you have double glazed doors or windows, the comfort level enjoyed staying at home is high. The Double Glazing windows and doors will help keep the heat out in summer, and keep in the warmth in during winter. So, this reduces the usage of air conditioners in summer and heaters in winters. The cost incurred on these items will drastically reduce. Further, the noise created by these systems can also be avoided.
- Reduction in electricity bill: Due to climatic conditions, the usage of air conditioners, heaters, lighting etc. have resulted in increase in electricity bills. By using Double glazed doors or windows, one can minimize the cost incurred on electricity. Double glazing windows or doors provide full ventilation apart also.
Like any other product even windows or doors with double glazing unit also has to face repairs. The repairs occurred is the same as the repairs in any common window or door. The following are some of the repairs which can arise in the case of windows and doors:-
- Broken/Misted Sealed Units
- Repair and replacement of Hinges, Handles, Window/Security Locks
- Tilt & Turn Repairs
- Locking Mechanisms
- Repair in case of leaks.
- Broken/Misted Sealed Units
- Multi-Point Locking Mechanisms
- Repair and replacement of Door Hinges, panels, handles, Door Restrictors
- Fitting or repairs of security devices
- Cat/Dog Flaps
There are a lot of dealers dealing with doors and windows. But if you are looking for quality product and quality service, then opt for Lordship Windows https://lordshipwindows.com/.
You won’t be disappointed on your choice as you get complete solution related to your home doors and windows.